State licensing and exam eligibility information
Contact your state entity.
Exam payment and information
Contact the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT):
Phone: 651.687-0048, select the option for earning an ARRT credential
Address: 1255 Northland Drive, St. Paul, MN 55120-1155
Pearson VUE testing centers
Pearson VUE maintains more than 200 professional test centers in the United States.
At Pearson VUE test centers, you will be required to show two (2) forms of ID for admission. Both IDs must show your signature, and one ID must be a currently valid, official government-issued photo ID. Examples of acceptable forms of ID include driver's license, passport or state-issued photo ID. Examples of a second acceptable ID are an employee ID, ATM card, school ID or credit card.
Scheduling, Canceling, and Rescheduling Exam Appointments
- Appointments can be made by phone or online. (Scheduling online is a two-step process that may involve a brief waiting period. To avoid any delay, schedule by phone.)
- To schedule online, you must first create an account on the Pearson VUE website:
- If you already have a Pearson VUE online account, log in using your Pearson VUE username and password. (This is separate from your State.ARRT.org account.)
- If you do not have a Pearson VUE online account, create one now.
- When creating your account, you'll need your ARRT ID number and other personal information from your Candidate Status Report.
- When you are finished, you'll receive confirmation that your request has been processed. If you provided a valid email address, you'll receive your username and password within one business day and may then proceed to schedule your appointment.
- Once your exam appointment is scheduled, you'll receive an email appointment confirmation from Pearson VUE. If confirmation is not received within 48 hours, contact Pearson VUE to confirm your appointment, verify the email on file, and request a duplicate appointment confirmation be sent.
- To reschedule an exam appointment, you must first contact Pearson VUE to cancel the existing appointment at least 24 hours (one business day) prior to the scheduled appointment time. (For example, if Monday is a holiday and you wish to cancel or reschedule an appointment on a Tuesday at 9:30 a.m., you must contact Pearson VUE before 9:30 a.m. on the preceding Friday.
- If you fail to appear for an appointment, you'll forfeit your examination fee.